2.5 Love Others
2.5 eternal destiny...
The eternal perspective changes everything.
1. You can develop a healthy robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor. James 3:18
2. It takes both God’s power and our effort to produce a loving Christian
3. Unfortunately, many people grow up in families with less than health
they lack relationship skills needed for real fellowship.
4. They must be taught how to get along with and relate to others.
5. Cultivating community takes honesty.
6. Tell the truth.
7. Humility = admitting your weaknesses and being patient with others.
8. Be open to correction.
9. Be willing to point the spot light on others.
10. “Enjoy the company of ordinary people and don’t think you know it all.”
11. Give more honor to others than yourself.
12. Be big hearted and considerate of others.
13. Excel in showing respect for each other.
14. Be courteous...discover their history. Proverbs says, "A wise man seeks
understanding, while the fool yells out conclusions in the streets."
15. Relationships are always worth restoring.
16. Love each other, be deep spirited friends.
17. Broken fellowship is a disgraceful testimony.
18. Fellow Christians should be able to settle a dispute, according to Paul.
19. Reconciliation focuses on the relationship and resolution focuses on the
20. Attack the problem, not the person.
A. Talk to God before talking to the person.
B. Always take the initiative.
C. Sympathize with their feelings.
D. Confess your part of the conflict.
E. Attack the problem, not the person.
F. Cooperate as much as possible.
G. Emphasize reconciliation not resolution.
21. Jesus measured greatness in terms of service, not status.
22. People still don’t get it, still jockeying for prominent position.
23. Thousands of books written on leadership, but few on servant-hood.
24. Even Christians want to be servant leaders, not just servants.
25. Don’t use your gifts for personal gain.
26. Your servant's heart will reveal your maturity.
27. To be a servant requires character.
28. If you only serve when it is convenient for you, you are not a real servant.
29. Real servants do what is needed even when it is not convenient.
30. Being a servant means giving up the right to control your schedule and
allowing God to interrupt it whenever He needs to.
31. Servants see interruptions as divine appointments for ministry and are
happy for the opportunity to practice serving. This is what it means to
lose your life.
Test your knowledge, answer the questions below. Use the comments box to check for understanding...
1. Why is it important to treat each other with
dignity and honor?
2. What are some key relational skills, to get along
3. Real servants do what?
4. Servants see interruptions as what?
5. To be a servant requires what?
6. What are some steps you can take to solve a
problem and not attack the person?