2.2 Love Others
2.2 one state or another...
- Galations: (fruit of the Spirit Scripture)
- Proverbs, even our enemies...
- God considers the motives of the heart
- If you have done it unto the least of these...
Everything we do is a movement towards darkness or light.
Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that makes choices into something a little different from what it was before. And taking your life as a whole with all your innumerable choices, all your life long you are slowly turning this central thing either into a creature that is in harmony with God, and with other creatures, and with itself, or else into one that is in a state of war and hatred with God and with its fellow-creatures, and with itself.
- eternal loneliness
Each of us at each moment is progressing to the one state or the other.
Each has done something to himself which, unless he repents, will make it harder for him to keep out of darkness the next time he is tempted, and will make the darkness worse when he does fall into it. Each of them, if he seriously turns to God, can have that twist in the central man straightened out again: each is, in the long run, doomed if he will not.
- The right direction leads not only to peace, but to knowledge.
- When a man is getting better he understands more and more clearly the evil that is still left in him. When a man is getting worse, he understands his own badness less and less.
- You understand sleep when you are awake not when you are sleeping.
Test your knowledge, answer the questions below. Use the comments box to check for understanding...
1. What does the statement, "You understand sleep
when you are awake, not when you are
sleeping." mean to you?
2. What is the fruit of the Spirit?
3. What is the fruit of the flesh?
4. When we make choices, the scripture says God
considers the motives of the heart. What types
of motives would He be looking for?
5. What is the darkness, and what is the light?
6. How can a human experience the light?