1.1 Love God
1.1 It's not about me
It's not about me... (Notes from The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren)
1. The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment.
2. You were born for His purpose.
3. Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life’s purpose.
4. To discover your life’s purpose you must focus on God your creator.
5. You exist only because God wills that you exist.
6. It is only in God that we discover our origin.
7. God is not to be used for self-actualization. Life is about letting God use you
for His purposes, not using Him for your own purpose.
8. Being successful and fulfilling your life’s purpose are not the same issue!
9. Self-sacrifice is the way to finding your true self.
10. You must build your life on eternal truths, not pop psychology.
11. In Christ we find out who we are and what we are living for.
12. We are to be Christians living for Christ.
13. God chose our purpose before we were created with eternal purpose.
14. Without God life makes no sense.
15. It’s not about me.
16. Everything finds its purpose in Him.
17. The man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder – a nothing.
18. Everything lives by His power.
19. Proverbs 16:4 states, “The Lord has made everything for His own purposes.”
20. The Glory of God is the reason for everything, including you.
21. God’s glory is best seen in Christ Jesus, He is the light of the world.
22. Refusing to bring glory to God is prideful rebellion.
23. In different ways we have lived for our own glory, not for God’s.
24. Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.
25. God says, “They are my people, and I created them to bring me Glory.”
26. *It ought to be the supreme goal of our lives, to bring glory to our maker.
27. Love God, Love People and the Great Commission
are all part of a believers walk with God.
28. Living the rest of your life for the glory of God will require a change in your
priorities and commitments.
29. When we die to ourselves, we find true life.
Test your knowledge and answer the questions below. Use the comments box to check for understanding.
Submit your answers in the comment box to the right.
1. What is the purpose of your life?
2. Why do you exist?
3. Without God does life make sense?
4. How do you find your true self?
5. Refusing to give God glory is what?
6. What does "it's not about me" mean?