3.5 Great Commission
3.5 "You must eat my flesh and drink my blood"
- Acts 20:32
We eat each other with our words. Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. We must meditate on and eat what Jesus is all about and quit eating spiritual candy bars. We need to eat spiritually nutritious things, by thinking and saying what Jesus is all about.
1. People need more than bread for their life, but by every word of God.
2. God’s gracious word can make you into what He wants you to be and
give you everything you could possibly need. Acts 20:32
3. The truth transforms us.
4. Spiritual growth is the process of replacing lies with truth.
5. Jesus prayed “Sanctify them by the truth, your word is truth.”
6. The Spirit of God uses the word of God to make us like the Son’s of God.
7. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with His word.
8. “Through the word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks that
God has for us.”
9. Jesus said, “The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.”
10. “I have treasured the words of His mouth more than any daily bread.”
11. “Crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.”
12. “If you abide in my word then you are truly disciples of mine.”
13. Defeating temptation... There is always a way out.
14. Run from anything that gives you evil thoughts.
15. You may feel that a temptation is too over powering for you to bear,
but that is a lie from Satan.
16. We are not told to resist temptation, we are told to resist the devil.
17. Resisting a thought doesn’t work, it only intensifies our focus on the
18. The battle for sin is won or lost in your mind.
19. That is why this acronym can be used as a tool in your spiritual growth
20. With this tool, or the tool of your choice learn God’s truth hide it in
your heart and mind fill your minds with the words of God.
21. Continually meditate on Him.
22. Become like Him.
23. Become the light and salt of the World.
-When we talk about others negatively, we are feeding on the side that tears us down spiritually, it is like eating a rush of sugar, it
-feels good for the moment, but we are left hungry and mal-nourished.
-On the other side of the coin, to build others up will build you up spiritually. Choose wisely who you build up and how you build them up. Never talk negatively about others.
-Every time we get into tearing others down, it leaves a hole in us and ultimately will lead us into needing bigger and bigger fixes from the dark side. That is when sin is in full bloom or plays out in the outward more obvious actions and sins.
-If one was to put on the non-bullying hat of love, or the following him hat, each morning, we will find “his yoke is easy and his burden is light.” Our steps each day will be steps of righteousness, love, joy, peace, patience, long suffering, self-control, etc…, against such things there is no law.
-The burden of sin is a much heavier load to carry than to put on the hat of love each morning. The hat of giving up your hopes dreams and ambitions, your advantage, to plan to give these things up each morning, that is living your life for the glory of God. This is also putting your trust in God. When we trust in God, that is when we really find him.
Test your knowledge, answer the questions below. Use the comments box to check for understanding...
1. What did Jesus mean when he said, "man shall not
live by bread alone, but every word?"
2. Jesus said, "the words I have spoken to you are spirit
and life." What did he mean by this?
3. What did Jesus mean when he said, "you must eat my
flesh and drink my blood"?
4. Why should we count the cost before making Jesus our
savior? What is the cost?
5. By now you have noticed that each letter stands for
lessons connecting to each unit, Loving God, Loving
People and the Great Commission. Is this a tool
given to you to assist in hiding the word of God in