3.2 Great Commission
3.2 Our weakness - He is made strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9 "When I am weak, then I am made strong."
In our weakness He is made strong. This requires honesty, for His strength to be accessed.
1. 2 Corinthians 12:9 states, “My grace is sufficient for you, my power is
made perfect in weakness.”
2. His power shows up best in weak people.
3. God loves to use weak people.
4. Everyone has weaknesses.
5. We deny our weaknesses, defend them, excuse them, hide them, and
6. When we deny weakness, it prevents God from using us the way He intends.
7. God has a different perspective on everything, including our weaknesses.
8. “My thoughts and my ways are higher than yours.”
9. God purposely chose what the world considers weak.
10. God deliberately allowed weaknesses in our lives to demonstrate His
power through us.
11. God has never been impressed with self-sufficiency.
12. God is drawn to people who are poor in spirit.
13. God loves to use imperfect, ordinary people, to do extra ordinary things
in spite of their weakness.
14. A weakness is any limitation that you inherited or have no power to change.
15. When you think of the limitation in your life, you may think, “God could
never use me.”
16. God uses the fragile clay pot that is broken.
17. Admit your weaknesses. Own up to your imperfections.
18. Stop pretending to have it all together.
19. Be honest about yourself.
20. Instead of living in denial, identify your weaknesses.
21. Instead of making excuses, identify your weaknesses.
22. Paul said, “I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power
of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ’s good,
I am quite content with my weaknesses.”
23. Weaknesses cause us to depend on God.
24. “God, I believe you love me and know what’s best for me.”
25. Paul says, “For when I am weak then I am made strong.” “The less I have,
the more I depend on Him.”
26. Weaknesses encourage fellowship between believers. Strength breeds
independence. Our limitations show how we need each other.
27. Your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest wounds.
28. God specializes in turning weakness into strength.
29. Ministry begins with vulnerability.
30. The more you let down your guard, take off your mask and share your
struggles, the more God can use you in serving others.
31. God gives grace to the humble. (Be honest about your weaknesses.)
Test your knowledge, answer the questions below. Use the comments box to check for understanding...
1. When we deny weakness it prevents God from doing
2. In what ways will God reward honesty about weakness?
3. What is a weakness?
4. How does weakness strengthen community?
5. Why is it so hard to share our weaknesses with others?