1.4 Love God
1.4 Our Time and Money
Time and money reflect where your heart is. Where your treasure is there will your heart be also. Check you checkbook and calendar to see where your heart is.
1. We must love Him supremely.
2. We must trust Him completely.
3. We must obey God wholeheartedly.
4. We must praise and thank God continually.
5. You know you’re surrendered to God when you rely on God to work things
out and don't try to manipulate others.
6. Surrender to God, and wait patiently for Him.
7. I am the Lord’s servant and I am willing to accept whatever He wants.
8. If you don’t surrender to Christ, you surrender to chaos.
9. “If people want to follow me, they must give up the things they want.” Give
up their lives daily to follow me.
10. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 39
11. God wants to be your friend.
12. God yearns to be your friend and for you to know Him well.
13. A relationship unhindered by guilt or fear.
14. Delight in God and He in you.
15. We were made to delight in God’s continual presence.
16. After the veil was torn by Jesus we now have direct access to Jesus. (Like
Adam and Eve.)
17. The Bible says, “Now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with
God, all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us in making
us friends of God."
18. “All this is done through Christ who changed us from enemies to friends.”
19. “He is a God that is passionate about His relationship with you.”
20. God said, “If any boast, they should boast that they know and understand me."
21. Get in His presence each day and renew your perspective. (Get the eternal
22. Jesus said, “you shall eat my flesh and drink my blood.” (He will be in us
and we will be in Him.) When we do these things, we begin to live an
eternal perspective life. We become friends with God and His eternal world,
and enemies of our physical short lived world filled with lies from the
father of lies all around us.
23. “I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread.”
24. “Oh how I love your law! I meditate on it all day and night. They are
constantly in my thoughts.”
25. “I cannot stop thinking about Him.”
26. I am as close to God as I choose to be.
27. Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. James 4:8
28. You must work at developing your friendship with God. It takes time,
energy, and desire.
29. You must learn to honestly share your feelings with Him.
30. God does not expect perfection, He expects honesty.
31. God’s friends in the Bible were not perfect.
32. When you obey God out of Love, your joy will overflow.
33. You must want Him more than anything else.
34. Worship in spirit and in truth.
35. Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.
36. “Love God with your mind.” Engage your mind in God, let it be God’s
playground, and no one else's.
37. Time is our most precious thing to offer others, because it is not
replaceable, so it is equal to sacrificing you life.
38. You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.
39. The best expression of love is our time.
40. Check your checkbook and your calendar to see where your heart is. Where
your money and your time is there will your heart be also.
Test your knowledge, answer the questions below. Use the comments box to check for understanding.
1. You know you are trusting God when?
2. If you boast in anything what should it be?
3. What is your most precious commodity?
4. What should you check to find where your heart
5. How should we worship God?
6. James 4:8 "Draw close to God..." What will
happen from there?
7. How does one draw close to God and what does
that look like?
8. What must you give up to truly follow God?