3.4 Great Commission
3.4 Abilities- discover gifts and abilities...
-Gal. 2:20 What you yeild to is who you serve...
Discover gifts and abilities to be a blessing to the body of Christ.
1. Whenever you serve others in any way, you are actually serving God.
2. “Don’t try to get the most out of life.”
3. God has created you for a life of Good deeds.
4. “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were
born, I set you apart for a special work.”
5. “Because of God’s great mercy…offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God,
dedicated to His service.”
6. “Our love for each other proves that we have gone from death to life.”
7. “If I have no love for others, no desire to serve others, and I’m only
concerned about my needs, I should question whether Christ is in my life.”
8. “Now you belong to Him… in order that we might be useful in the service
9. “Your attitude must be like my own, for I, the messiah, did not come to
be served, but to serve and to give my life.”
10. We are fully alive, when we are helping others.
11. “If you insist on saving your life you will lose it.”
12. Each of us was designed to do certain things.
13. You are the way you are, because you were made for a specific ministry.
14. Job 10:8 Your hands shaped me and made me.
15. Romans 12:5 “Since we find ourselves fashioned into all these excellently
formed parts in Christ’s body, lets go ahead and be what we were made
16. God deserves your best.
17. He shaped you for a purpose, and He expects you to make the most of
what you have been given.
18. Discover you! Accept what you are. Enjoy you. Develop yourself to your
19. The Bible says, “Don’t act thoughtlessly, but try to find out and do what
ever the Lord wants you to do.”
20. Clarify what God intends for you to be doing and then do it! Don’t
waste another day.
21. Spiritual gifts and natural gifts are confirmed by others.
22. If you think you are a leader, and you look over your shoulder and no one
is following, then you are not a leader.
23. Determine where you are already successful.
24. Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been
given, and sink yourself into that.
25. There are no duplicates, make your unique contribution.
26. “If you don’t make your unique contribution to the body of Christ, it
won’t be made.”
27. When you minister in a manner consistent with the personality God gave
you, you experience fulfillment, satisfaction and fruitfulness.
28. Experiment and try things.
29. Volunteer to serve somewhere and find out your gifts. Explore what you
like and are good at.
30. Spiritual gifts:
A. These gifts are given only to believers.
B. They are God empowered.
C. “Whoever does not have the spirit cannot receive the gifts that come
from God’s spirit.”
D. You cannot earn or deserve them.
E. The Holy Spirit decides who gets which gift.
F. We depend on each other because we have different gifts.
G. These gifts are not for your benefit, but for others.
H. Gift envy: Don’t feel dissatisfied with what God gave you.
I. Gift protection: Not everyone has what we have.
31. The heart reflects the person. The heart reveals the real you.
32. Your heart determines why you say the things you do, why you feel the
way you do, and why you act the way you act.
33. What you want and don’t want reveals the nature of your heart.
34. Serve the Lord with all your heart. Listen to inner promptings.
Test your knowledge, answer the questions below. Use the comments box to check for understanding...
1. Why is it important do develop you gifts and abilities
and full potential?
2. When you do well at what you are good at how does
this give glory to God?
3. Does God require your best, why or why not?
4. What are spiritual gifts?
5. Jesus came into the world not to be served, but to
what? And what does He want us to do as well?